November was a quiet, thoughtful month for me. Autumn finally arrived to the mid-Atlantic region and I love driving among all the yellow, red, and orange leaves.
I’ve written down some November memories below.
- A family member’s surgery went well.
- We hosted family and friends at our house for a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.
- Lots of reading and writing.
- We went to our city’s annual Christmas parade.
- The unexpected passing of a friend. He was the father to a beautiful, spunky little girl and I pray that she is showered with love and support.
- Prince Harry is off the market.
- The Florida Gators football team continued to shock and disappoint. We got a new coach, though, after the abysmal season. Here’s to a fresh start!
For this December and Christmas, my mantra is Cozy, Classic, and Simple. I want to:
- Catch up on household tasks after a leisurely Thanksgiving; put away autumn decorations.
- Decorate for Christmas!
- Book tickets for one or more holiday events: the Nutcracker ballet, a Christmas tea party, a tour of decorated houses in a local historic district, a Vienna Choir Boys concert, etc.
- Bake and decorate tiny gingerbread houses.
- Don’t fret re: Christmas gifts, food, etc. Make a decision and stick with it. Baby suits!
- Host a local Christmas gathering.
- Travel to my parents’ house for Christmas.
How was your November? What are your plans and goals for the busy, wonderful month of December?